CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Andrew's Ring Ceremony Part 2


I didn't get a chance to post in detail about Andrew's big day. It was late and I was trying to get the montage on before the day ended...thank God my sister Lisa came to the rescue! She helped me post the montage and even changed Andrew's Blog Template. She is so computer Savvy...

Andrew's Ring Ceremony was a wonderful celebration. It made it official; Andrew is a Senior! The celebration began with a beautiful Mass. Fr. Adam, our pastor at our parish officiated as the celebrant. The senior class processed into the St. Michael's gym and they all looked fantastic! Andrew was beaming from ear to ear and he looked absolutely Fabulous!

The best part of this wonderful celebration Mass was during the Presentation of Gifts, Andrew went up to the Alter. He is an Eucharistic Minister and was involved in giving the Body of Christ to all present. I was so proud of him! He stood there with Fr. Adam and gave Communion. I could not help but think of my Mom... she would have been so proud of her precious grandson. One of her biggest requests was that Andrew follow the Catholic Faith and receive his Sacraments. I have honored her request, but little did I know that Andrew would be an Eucharistic Minister. He did this himself and received the training he needed from Fr. Adam. It was a wonderful surprise.

I got all teared up when Fr. Adam asked all the Seniors to embrace and bow their heads for a blessing. It was such a touching moment. He asked all those in attendance to extend their arms and the blessing of the Class of 2009 was given. That is when all parents seemed to lose it! Tears were flowing and Kleenex was being passed around.

Part of the tradition of Ring Ceremony is to take our Senior to lunch. We got together with a few of Andrew's friends and their parents and went to Zia Diner for a wonderful lunch. It was such a wonderful day filled with the presence of God and the Holy Spirit. My heart was filled with so much love for my son and I am so proud of him. He is a sweet young man; so kind, considerate and polite. I love you Mijo!

2 comments:

Elena's Girl said...

I love all of the pics. So happy Andrew enjoyed the day. What a special time for him.

Leslie said...

Hi Syl,
Can you believe it? We are now offically the mothers of seniors! I am praying that I don't go broke . . . Miss you and I hope to see you at Village Venture!